Happy New Year!
I'm blogging from my phone again because I'm in the middle of my daily reading and to be honest my desk is a mess.
For the past 10 hours of the new year I've been thinking about my goals for 2013. I like goals betters than resolutions.
This morning I started day one of She Reads Truth's Fresh Start. I've done two other studies with them. This study we will walk through the stories of restoration- a topic I love.
Today I pulled this from the devotion "let HIM do the getting it right." It made me think that I'm not the one to lay out my plans for 2013, He is. I know the simple things that I need to tweak in my life to focus my eyes on him:
1. Read: keep my mind sharp by read not only the great words provided by the Holy Bible, but also books that will grow and develop me into the Dana I'm meant to be.
2. Take care of me: this year I will get the great blessing of having a baby. Not only am I to keep myself healthy before Morgan comes into this world, but its also my responsibility to help my body mend and get healthy afterwards.
3. Take care of my Family: spiritually and physically. Bring back family devotions. Implement less tv more activity and more brain development.
4. Take care of the Blessings God has given us: take pride in my home. Daily cleaning to maintain an efficient household. Do not live in access and material desires...take what God has given us and be thankful that we have what we do.
Most of all put God first and let His spirit shine through me in all situations.
Two more things for you:
1. Here is the website for She Reads Truth: www.shereadstruth.com. We are also on Instagram-search #shereadstruth
2. Then this that I pulled from my bible this morning:
There is hope! No matter how dark the world situation seems, God has a plan. No matter how insignificant or useless you feel, God loves you and wants to use you in his plan. No matter how sinful and separated from God you are, his salvation is available.
I pray that message gets to everyone who needs it this year and I ask God to use me as a vessel to get His message of restoration out to all who I know and am to met.
Make it a great day and don't forget your
Black eyes peas (the vegetable not the band)...it's a Southern thing.