Monday, February 14, 2011

Here, Here I am

I am still here. My mother told me yesterday if I don’t start writing then I may lose my readers. I think she was being over dramatic in order for me to give her something to read everyday.

Honestly, I think of what I am going to tell you and then five minutes later it’s gone from my head. I have been sick at least 80% of the day and the other 20% I am passed out. I really do not sleep well and I am overly moody, but this is all for a good cause, huh?

I am really trying to not get angry with myself. I had so many plans for today since is mine and JAG’s first Valentine’s day together, but those plans have been pushed aside as I lay down  - oh I wish I could sleep through the day, but work calls.

My 30-days of not eating out has been a failure due to the fact that things I bought to make I can no longer eat and if eating them makes me sick then preparing them makes me even worse. My diet has slowly morphed into baked potatoes and really mushy vegetables and lots of fruits. I can still have some breads, but it seems like all meats make me sick. Oh, I have a long way to go and I need to just suck it up, but I would really love to sleep for the next 6 weeks.

Can I just tell you how proud I am of my JAG? Not only has he been a dream dealing with me telling him I don’t want to be hugged or touched or he wasn’t even allowed to breath next to me – moody moody. He also gave blood this week for the very first time. I am an old pro at giving blood – I have zero issues with needles, but my husband he get very pale at even the mention of needles. I signed him up a few months ago before I realized I was expecting and we were going to do it together.

On Saturday morning I made sure to get my booty out of bed so I could be there with him and even hold his hand if he needed me to. I think his facebook status says it all.

Did something today he has never done before: he voluntarily was stuck with a needle and gave blood. Dana had to sit by me the whole time. I still hate needles, but I may be convinced to do it again.

I am still proud of him! This week is a big week for us. One year ago we received each other’s profile on and Friday will mark 1 year since our first date. So, I really do have a lot to tell you this week!


  1. Is he still as scared of spiders as I remember? EC

  2. Yes, he is still scared of spiders. I am the official bug killer of the house.


Thank you for reading my blog. I love hearing from you, please leave comments below!