Seriously I can’t believe it is already April! Where did February and March go?
will be out of 3rd grade about two months and on to being a big 4th grader. Shelby
My thoughts are with my parents today. My father starts chemo this afternoon. I thought it was odd that they put his port into his arm instead of on his chest. I guess it is different for each type of cancer. My mother has a course that she is going through this afternoon to learn how to clean the port since he will go home with a pump. Chemicals will be pumped into him for the next 3 days. Wow there is something about that statement that brings tears to my eyes.
My father is still smoking and not eating healthy. As his daughter I guess I should be upset with him like my sister is right now, but I am not. I feel that his smoking and eating will be cut to a minimum once chemo starts. My stand is that my father is 63 years old therefore he knows what is good for him and what is bad for him. If he continues to make choices that are not healthy that is his decision to make. I am not going spend what time I have with him lecturing him like I would
I believe that my father’s cancer along with some other things in my life right now have lead to some serious anxiety in my life. Yes, I have prayed, but I just can’t shake it. All I can think about is “Yield.” Give my anxious feelings to him and ask that he help.
I had an awful night last night, nothing major just way too many plates in the air at one moment. I woke this morning thinking about priorities. My hope for my future is my priorities will be God first, husband (yeap someday) second, children third then everything fills in from there. Sometimes I find myself putting other things before all three of those things…sad to think about.
This is my calendar for March…it was a crazy month.
I have found it odd that I have this, sometimes overwhelming, fear that I have not given
the proper skills to succeed. I found this video from when she was in kindergarten. She was in a private school where she memorized new verses every week. I feel like I need to start this again with her. Shelby
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6 ESV)
That brings me to Easter. This year I have had a conviction about the way I handle Easter. Years past it has been egg decorating and hunting. Candy galore! That is not a bad thing, but this year my hope is to teach as well. JAG and Shelby have had many discussions about the true meaning of Easter, so I hope to add to that.
I still want to get Shelby an Easter basket…actually I think I have like six or eight in storage (I so need to clean out) and I love Shawni’s Easter morning idea, but I will have to attempt to fit that in with a 6 am service at JAG’s church…maybe next year.
Since today is the beginning of a new month Lacy and I decided to start our year long reading of the bible today. Today we are reading Mark 1-2 and Proverbs 1. I found a plan for beginners. I also found keys on how to read the bible successfully here.
Here is what you need to know:
- Pray first before opening God's word. Ask for guidance and to be able to accept what is written and to be able to apply His will to your life.
- Never, never read the Bible trying to proof your belief on any subject. It is only human nature to take ideas out of context.
- When you are reading and come across something that does not make sense, reread the paragraph or chapter again. If you still do not understand, write down the problem area and continue onward. You may discover the answers later in your reading.
- Do not read large amounts of the Bible in one setting. Take breaks often. Or stay with about 4-6 chapters a day.
- Start with the New Testament, people who start with the Old Testament almost never read the Bible all the way through. The New Testament is what is binding on us today not the Old. We need to follow God's will for us today not what was intended for the Jews.
- Forget everything you have ever heard about Jesus, God and the Bible before you start reading the Bible. Don't take what you want it to say with you first.
I will keep you updated on what we learn. I am looking forward to the conversations Lacy and I will have!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!